What a whirlwind of a week! The holiday season is officially upon us and even in the peak of what is supposed to be an exciting (albeit often stressful) time of the year, I still want to talk to you about all the mundane magic that exists between the pillar moments of calm, beauty, and chaos.
One of the (sometimes seemingly few) perks of being an educator is having time off over the holidays (although I suppose most people get some time off for the holidays, so it isn’t too noble of an experience).
Nevertheless, I feel so lucky to have this time to travel and see my family and friends who I only get to see a few times a year. It rejuvenates me, which I know is not the case for everyone when they see family.
So without too much chit chat- let’s not talk about all the stellar big moments, and instead discuss the little ones that keep us going.
Here are my magically mundane moments from this past week:
- When an airplane lands with very few bumps?! A smooth landing? Magic. Thank you, heavens.
- Being able to hug the ones you don’t often get to hug. Sometimes time really can stand still. For me, it is in these moments.
- The perfect crunch to sauce ratio on a sandwich from your favorite hometown sandwich shop. *chefs kiss* magic.
- The way a sunset casts an orange glow over the oceans edge. Where the sand meets the mist and foam of the water. Nature magic in its purest form.
- Last, and certainly most cliche, wrapping lights around the Christmas tree. I only have 4 ornaments to my name, but by golly the spectacular part of our tree will always be the lights.
- Bonus: sitting in the morning darkness near the aforementioned lights and maybe a few candles. Yes, please.
Whatever these holidays are bringing you, I hope you know you are not alone in whatever it is you are feeling. As always, I hope you choose to find the magic in the mundane. It is always there.
Life doesn’t always feel like magic, but there is most certainly magic sprinkled throughout life.
Leave a Reply